Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wedding Bells...


Before you freak out too much-- no, it is not me getting married! But my roommate is tomorrow! In true Ukrainian fashion she arrives in on the train tomorrow morning, just in time to run home and get ready for her big day. In the mean time I've taken up a new job as a floral arranger. I have to say I have always had a thing for arranging roses, so when Lena said I could do the flowers for the wedding I was oh so excited. Here is a glimpse at my handy work tonight(I had to share it with someone). The photo displayed is of her bouquet and mine (I will be her witness/bridesmaid). I was thrilled today when my friend Galina took me to a "whole sale" flower shop where they had room after room of discount flowers...I went just a little crazy! Awesome prices-- I bought all the flowers for the wedding for under $100! Anyway, it is 1am and I still have to finish cleaning our apartment before she gets home in the morning. Be sure to check back after the weekend for the wedding photos!

1 comment:

Debora Hoffmann said...

That is really exciting! And I love your bouquets. You definitely have a knack.