Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day

Well, after 10 challenging, heart aching, tiring, yet very blessed days of camp-- I am now back at home.  It has only taken me about 3 days to recover my energy!

I will plan on posting some pictures and stories this week about our adventures in Odessa with all of our youth-- the highs and the lows and how God was at work in our midst.

But for now I'm in the kitchen today trying to make several 'traditional' American dishes to take to a 4th of July party this afternoon...it is a privilege to celebrate our freedom even if it means I'm doing so in another country!! Living in Ukraine I am reminded even more about the freedom I have as an American-- and I thank God for my country and all the blessings He has provided.

Though the freedom I am even more thankful for and more passionate about is the freedom that I have found in Jesus-and the renewed freedom he gives me each day.


"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."  Galations 5:1


No comments: