Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And one more camp to finish summer!!

I leave tonight on the train for our final summer camp of the season!  I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by. Looking back I had this long list before me of events, places to go and people to connect with and now it's hard to believe that I'm facing the final activity of this very much planned out summer!
We'll be traveling to the Zapporozha region of Ukraine where we will hold a 10 day camp for graduated orphans on the Azovske Sea.  This is the same place where we held this camp last year and we will have many returning campers.  We expect about 70 kids between the ages of 17 and 22!  Yes, I guess we should use the word 'kids' loosely!  The majority of them are all graduates of orphanages in the Kherson region and are now attending trade schools in the region.

last year's group

Please keep our team and these youth in your prayers! It is a fantastic opportunity to get to share with them about the Lord and just love them where they are at in life--and have lots of fun while doing so.  Our theme for the camp will be following the subject matter from the movie "The Ultimate Gift"- which is a movie I'd recommend checking out if you haven't already!!

When I get back from camp I'll have a month to tie up things in Ukraine and put life "in order" (don't know if that every really happens) and then I'll be on my way to England.

Look forward to sharing more when we return....

No comments: