Monday, November 7, 2011

Orphan Sunday

Yesterday we honored Orphan Sunday across the nation of Ukraine...well across the world for that matter-- but I was in Ukraine-- so that is where I took part in an event!  The Alliance for Ukraine without Orphans launched a campaign to challenge churches across Ukraine to take part- whether it be corporate prayer or an entire service dedicated to speaking about the concerns of orphans and our role as Christians in solving the problem.  In Ukraine the event was deemed 'Day of Prayer for Orphans' since the word 'Sunday' in Russian literally means 'resurrection.' We figured a day called 'Orphan Resurrection' may not work as well, and decided to use the word 'prayer' instead :)

I had the privilege of getting to speak at my church- International Christian Assembly here in Kiev.  I go to an amazing international congregation here with people representing all corners of the world.  The awesome part of our congregation is that we have so many people with a heart for orphans and involved in orphan care, adoption and other forms of out reach to orphans in Ukraine.  In order to show our church a picture of God's heart for the orphans I decided to talk on camera to those in our church who are out on the front-lines in orphan ministry and what resulted was this little film, which I will share with you here....

grab a tissue and be prepared to ask the question....what will you do?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truly inspiring and amazing. What else can I say?