Saturday, September 26, 2009

Humanitarian Aid gone Bad

Just a friendly note telling you to be careful of what you donate to the local- well- meaning group collecting clothes for a humanitarian shipment to some country far-far away.  Read what the article of clothing says prior to donating. Then ask yourself the question- ‘Could this cause embarrassment if given to the wrong age or gender?’ If the answer is yes- do not send this item. 

Otherwise one of the following exhibits may be a reality in some foreign country, where the people wearing the said item, will have no clue that they are providing internal laughter for some English speaker who happens to see them.

Exhibit #1

IMG_3739 Look how happy he looks? 

Exhibit #2

IMG_2774 oh the unsuspecting boy has no idea that he is advertising himself as a male-cheerleader!

Exhibit #3

Banquet 09 001One must examine this picture closely. But this Babushka is wearing a hat that says “Limp Bizkit”—maybe she is a fan- I don’t know…but this has “Humanitarian Aid gone Bad”- written all over it! :)

5 comments:

Heidi and Felix said...

I'm sorry, I 'm still laughing. I shouldn't be. I'll beg forgiveness during prayers tonight.I agree about watching what we send, and we at UOO do cull most of that stuff...but that's FUNNY! Uhh, Limp Biskit, that one's too much (still snickering) :)

Felix

ArtworkByRuth said...

I am so glad you got these pictures! We were too shy to whip out our camera when we saw these types of things! Thanks for the good laugh!

Natasha said...

At least they're in a country where not that many speak English! I wore plenty of those type of things here in the US, when I didn't speak English, and got my clothes from a clothes bank! Are you laughing now? Erik still reminds me of some t-shirts that I used to wear. :)
It is too funny.
Luv ya!
Me

Steph Bradac said...

Karen!!!! I love it! I can't tell you how many times I have been in other countries and had to stiffle my laughter over what is printed on people's shirts!

Meaningful Mama said...

Jer and I are sitting her laughing out loud.